WHO: Department of Public Works, the Clean City Commission and Department of Public Utilities (Stormwater Utility) and New Generations Federal Credit Union
WHAT: E-Cycle Day to include paper shredding and the collection of various electronics and pesticides
WHEN: Saturday, May 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: 6807 Midlothian Turnpike (old K-mart Parking Lot)
BACKGROUND: The City of Richmond’s E-Cycle Day offers City residents an efficient and green option to recycle electronics, paper and pesticides. There is a $10 recycling fee for televisions and computer monitors less than 27 inches and a $20 fee for televisions and CRTs larger than 28 inches. All other items will be recycled free of charge.
- Document Shredding
- Up to five (5) boxes of documents. Be sure to remove all binders, staples and/or clips.
- Computer systems (hard drive or CPU) and accessories (cables, wires, keyboards, mice, speakers, etc.).
- Printers, scanners, copiers and fax machines
- VCRs, camcorders, stereos and all phones
- Televisions and computer monitors (note: there’s a $10 fee or $20 fee for each)
- Recycle Bins
- Clean up and drop off your small curbside recycle bins for reuse in the schools
- Send inquiries to Darlene.Mallory@Richmondgov.com or call 646-8325
- Pesticides, Herbicides and Oil-based Paints
- Bug spray, rodent poison & herbicides (roundup, Weed B Gon etc.)
- Note: Latex and water-based paints can be left in open cans until they have dried out and then put in with regular curbside trash pick-up
- Send inquiries to Gay.Stokes@Richmondgov.com or call 646-017